Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Just waiting for the pee

Ok - for those of you who don't want the gory details - the title should have tipped you off - read no further.

Tuesday night - Calli finishes every bite of her dinner in order to get the Tootsie Roll I promised her. I feel proud my method works. As I'm holding her, she pukes all on me and the hardwood floor. Mari starts to crawl over to see what it is. I'm yelling "Stop, stop". But Calli moves to the carpet and pukes all over it - nice! Thanks to my kind neighbor Ana who drops everything, comes over, and reads to the girls while I clean up.

Wednesday night - Calli is tired and very whiney. I grab her up briskly and continue my phone call. I look down to see I must have bumped her knee, and the scab is bleeding pretty good. She starts crying - probably because she sees the blood. I put her down (yes, there is already blood on me) and go for paper towels. But by the time I get back, it's gone all the way down her leg, and onto the carpet. Same spot!

So I figure if the normal trio is: blood, sweat and tears - then the kid version must be: blood, puke and pee. I got 2 out of 3. Now I'm just waiting for tonight- to see if one of my kids pees in the same spot!!

**Quote for the day: (Calli, crying) "Mamma, I don't want to get my blood on the floor again."

No comments: