Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sneaky, Sneaky

Ever since she gave up her pacy, Calli asks regularly for us to lay with her when she can't fall asleep. Last night, she asked for a chocolate (M&M) and for me to lay with her. I don't want her to think she can always get what she wants, so I said she could have one - I would lay with her for a minute, or a chocolate. She put up two fingers and said "two" - meaning she wanted both.

I repeated "you can have one - solo uno". I wondered what she would pick, and told myself not to feel bad if she thought an M&M was better than my company :) She picked me. So I laid with her for a minute or so.

Then she says something like "okay, you can go now". I thought - good, I'm getting out of here early, and without falling asleep. And she asks, "Can I have a chocolate?", I say "Sure", figuring she just changed her mind.

As I walk out the door to get her chocolate she says "I have two" with this mischievous grin on her face. LOL! She got me - and she's only 3 years old!

So tonight, she asked me to lay with her. I did. Then she asked for a chocolate. I said "no". And she has been crying for the last 10 minutes or so. But bless her heart, Miss Mari has managed to sleep through it. Amazing, considering it is only the second night of them sleeping in the same room. Thank you Mari! you go girl!

2 comments:

Ricardo said...

Calli, you continue to amaze me! Abiela, way to go!

Grandma G said...

What a smart little daughter you have!! Too bad Mommy's such a fast learner. ;-(