Thursday, July 12, 2007

Silly Cup

Today during lunch I got a phone call. Calli seized the moment as a great opportunity to start gargling and blowing bubbles in her milk. (I told you she was clever). I took the milk away, and after the phone call, talked to her about it. But then I thought, blowing bubbles in your drink seems like a fun, kid thing to do - and I got this idea.

I went to the kitchen and got a plastic Chicago Cubs cup we don't use often. I told her this was the silly cup. With water in the silly cup you could be silly - make funny noises or blow bubbles. This way, she gets to be silly (which she did - she proceeded to blow bubbles for the next 10 minutes or so) but I don't have to worry about her doing it at other people's houses, or restaurants. Fun - but contained.



What do you think? Did I pull a good compromise out of thin air - or is there a fatal flaw in my plan?? Advice please . . .

2 comments:

Katie @ the terpblog said...

Sounds brilliant to me!

Grandma G said...

Sounds like a great plan! Maybe she can get the 'silly' out of her system that way.

Then again, she may test you... nah.... ;-)