Sunday, August 5, 2007

Not a Baby

Hard to believe, but Mari is already 15 months old. She's not really a baby anymore. She walks pretty well, and says lots of words: Mamma, Dadda, Whats(Th)at, Agua, More, AllDone, E(l)mo, M(e)ow, Cheese, No, P(l)ease, Mo(re), Bo(ok), Ba(ll), Mine, DeeVee(D), and Tea.

This is my favorite. She has doesn't quite understand "no". I mean, when I tell her "No, we don't hit Calli", she understands that she is in trouble, but usually shouts back "NO" at me, and hits me. (We are still trying to avoid that reaction.)

The cute part is when you ask her if she wants something. If she wants it, she'll shake her head and give this long sweet "nooooo". Then I ask her, "What do you say?" and she says "P(l)eeeeease". So funny!

Well, with my baby getting so grown up, it is a good thing that I have Owen to cuddle with me. Although with all that hair he looks more like a little man than a baby.

No comments: